Cenon PCB is an additional module with which you can produce prototypes and small series of printed circuit boards quickly and easily. Due to the use of the standardized formats PostScript and Extended Gerber, Cenon PCB opens you a new dimension of quality and openness: environmentally friendly prototypes „directly from the computer“ without the usual steps like exposing or etching!
Immediately usable prototypes
Producing prototypes with the outline method makes you independent from waiting times and high costs for prototypes that come from your PCB manufacturer. Cenon PCB is the new link between your PCB design system and the prototype. As usual, you design your PCB layouts until they are in the prototype stadium, and then you create the appropriate layout and drill data files. But now you don’t send them to your PCB manufacturer any more, but import them in Cenon PCB where intelligent algorithms prepare them for the output process.
Cenon PCB calculates around pads, tracks or ground areas isolation channels which ensure an electric separation of the potentials during the engraving process. Common working steps like exposing, developing and etching the PCB become dispensible just like the environmentally hazardous disposal of the chemicals. Of course, the drillings and outline contours will be interpreted and processed, too.
You just have to fix the base material on your CNC milling machine and after a short while you will get a ready-to-assembly PCB with engraved isolation channels and fitting drill holes. With this method, your developments are ready for marketing quicker and less expensive.
One of the key features of Cenon PCB is the usage of PostScript and Extended Gerber. Their main advantage lies in the uncritical handling:
- no errors due to wrongly assigned or missing apertures (every Extended Gerber output file also contains all necessary aperture data)
- no limitations concerning special soldering pad forms (e. g. heat traps)
- ground areas will not be prepared with numerous lines for the output process; this reduces the time for the calculation considerably
- generation of isolation channels
- Blow Up of isolation channels
- Rub Out calculation of definable copper areas, e. g. for HF applications
- automatic tool radius correction
- high quality due to floating point accuracy and fully vectorised processing
- intelligent optimising algorithm for quick output
- support of user-defined area fillings with different tools
- removal of remaining copper
- panel generation for small-lot production
- special layers for text, logos and rub out
- layer administration for separating different working steps
- editing functions: lines, rectangles, circles, text, drill markers
- modification of imported layouts
- adjustable register marks for a precise turn-over of the PCB for double-sided production
- PostScript (EPS, PS, AI)
- Drill data (Excellon, Sieb & Meyer)
- Extended Gerber (RS 274X) and Standard Gerber (RS 274D)
- ASCII (e. g. text lists for serial production)
We are here to help you