This electronic measuring device levels inequalities on the workpiece surface. The controller calculates the height profile and lifts respectively lowers the z-axis accordingly so that the immersion depth will be consistent everywhere on the workpiece.
This unit is especially useful for engraving acrylic which has a tolerance in the material thickness of about 10 %. Engravings without a height levelling often become uneven due to the differing immersion depth of conic tools.
The workpiece levelling unit finds a remedy here by three-dimensionally levelling out the immersion depth of the carbide tool according to the surface condition. So the use of this unit leads to even engravings.
The disadvantages of a mechanical height adjustment (scratches on the surface of damageable workpieces) do not occur with this electronic solution. Furthermore you can use it on all kinds of materials because the surface will be measured by a precision measuring key.
This also works on reflecting or transparent materials where an optical workpiece levelling may get into trouble.
- precision measuring key, accuracy: ± 0.01 mm
- levels inequalities on the workpiece surface
- software definable number of measuring points in x and y direction
- calculation of height profile by controller
- no damaging of sensitive workpieces due to pointwise measurement
- combinable with all spindles
Suitable machine lines
We are here to help you